Friday, June 30, 2006

Last Eight, It's Great.


Big, big, big big big game in the quarter finals of the world cup today.

Did I mention it was a big game today?

Now the other World Cup Quotes ...

There was talk that he was supposedly better than me, but do you replace a long-time No1, who is playing consistently, just because someone else is a tick better?" - Olivier Kahn breaks his tournament grimace to criticise Jurgen Klinsmann for making Jens Lehmann Germany's number one. This is the same Olivier Kahn who, in May, held a press conference to announce: "Jürgen Klinsmann has taken his decision, I've accepted it, I've thought about it and I've decided to do what's best for the team. We've got to rise above talk of a rivalry between Kahn and Lehmann. We need to be positive so we can achieve our goal. It's more important that I give my support to the whole team so that we can achieve our objective - to be world champions." (",)

We have won three matches in this World Cup and in those three matches now we have had good goals not given by the referee - for Ayala against Ivory Coast, for me in the second match and now for Messi against Mexico. Referees can make mistakes but at a high level you have to question whether they are the right people" - Hernan Crespo joins in the great refereeing debate. Not that they've been great, obviously. Scandalous, more like. (",)

DONT MISS THIS ONE (",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home